Monday 8 February 2016

Resolution tracking : one twelfth of the way through 2016



At the beginning of the year, I shared a huge list of things I wanted to get done in 2016. It was a scarily long list - and it's time to see if I'm making progress, as January is gone, and February is running past quickly.

That's not as easy as it seems though! It's an interesting challenge to know if I am on track : there are 106 items and there are lots of different ways to make the count. The simplest way is to see if I've completed one 12th of the actions . That's probably fine unless  I complete all the smaller actions  early on  but will fall apart later when I'm left with all the large chunky actions to do.Yet it's definitely a non-linear list as I know that there are a large block that are going to be done all together in late April, early May when I have IDD, D & A back again to do the heavy lifting. I could work out some weighted formula and spread the load unevenly...but then again, where's the impetus to get things done if I do it that way?  Plus some of the goals are ongoing - they can't really be declared finished until the end of the year!

As I'm a bear of very little brain today, after staying up late to watch the Superbowl game, I'm going to go for the simplest way and I'm going to declare success - 10 boxes ticked ,  definitely on track ! We have focused on doing a lot of the indoor tasks, as it's been pretty cold and wet - winter in the Netherlands - and dark very early. But every little counts and I'm happy to be making progress.

Rock on February! How are you doing with your New Year's Resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment